Monday, January 14, 2013

Where Are They?

As time goes on, I become increasingly aware of the lack of time I spend building relationships with my women friends.  Perhaps this can be linked to the absence of opportunity and the presence of the busy work schedule in each of our lives...........

What has happened?  Women have gone to work!  Let me dispel any misunderstanding that I do not support women in the work place.  I went to work at age 21 full time and have never stopped!  I understand that most women must work out of the home.    However, this necessity does not change the fact that the close ties and bonds women of previous generations were accustomed to only seem foreign in the lives of women today.

In Titus 2 Paul says:   Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Women are to pour into other women!  And the bible even tells us what to pour! Urge them to have Self Control- Be Pure -Take Care of Your Home- Be Kind - Be Subject to Your Husband.......

Recently our church held a corporate fast as we sought direction both corporately and personally....The very last day of the fast, God gave me direction concerning my heart for my daughters.  I have had a burden on my heart to pour into my daughters lives the things that naturally a mother can pour.  But as I said at the beginning, because of busy schedules and lifestyles the opportunity just doesn't present itself....

God began speaking to me about setting up meetings where I could gather my girls together (like a Hen gathers her chicks) and begin to pour, to love, to listen, to laugh and to cry with them and other women in my world...........

So here we begin...........As Iron Sharpen Iron-so a friend sharpens a friend.
(or in this case, a mom sharpens a daughter)

Stay tuned as this ministry takes flight!  I cannot promise you I will know the answer to every question that you may ask........But I can promise you that I know the ONE who does!  

No comments:

Post a Comment